I’m excited to announce that I have created a Facebook page for Staying Safe. The Facebook page will be dedicated to all kinds of information from around the web. I’m going to post up videos, pictures and articles that help keep us informed and that help us be better prepared. Most of the information on the Facebook page will be exclusively there, such as, training videos and other articles. So follow this link to the page and like or click the like button on the sidebar. See you there!
September 24, 2014
New Facebook Page
This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014 at 6:34 pm and tagged with Martial Arts, personal protection, Self Defense, Situational awareness, Threat Assessment, violence prevention and posted in My Thoughts. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- This attack is a good example of what @rorymillerchirontraining calls an Educational Beatdown aka “a spanking between adults.”• • The bus driver confronts a man who was short on his fare; he refused to drive until the fare was paid.• • An argument ensues and we can see the attacker feels disrespected; this is strike 1.• • It is clear the bus driver says something that is taken as more disrespect by the attacker as we can clearly see the attacker say “what’d you say!?” And proceeds to throw his bag down; this is strike 2.• • The attacker sits down to show defiance and disrespect. The driver again says something to disrespect the attacker; this is the inciting action - the attacker jumps up and pushes the driver out of the bus and strikes him (6) times (some strikes appear to be open handed).• • A bystander approaches from the bus. The attacker grabs his belongings from the bus and tells the driver the “lesson” before departing.• • This is the same process as - child says something the parent believes is disrespectful; parent spanks the child; parent explains why child was spanked.• • Understanding and being able to recognize the different types of violence increases the chances of de-escalation, if possible, and/or chances of survival, if needed.• • Follow @stayingsafe_selfdefense for more breakdowns.• • Check out Rory’s book Facing Violence, it is a great read.• • #Repost @abcworldnewstonight with @get_repost ・・・ BUS ATTACK: The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Office is searching for the suspect seen in this surveillance footage, attacking and beating a city bus driver who confronted him over a short fare and was refusing to drive any farther as he waited for a supervisor.
- Operations Security November 12, 2018
- Online Predator Series| Part 2: Assessing Apps July 21, 2018
- Online Predator Series| Part 1: What you need to know July 12, 2018
- Handgun Disarms: Putting it to the Test July 6, 2018
- Lessons Learned Series|Episode 7 – Emergency During My Commute July 2, 2018
Search this site…